Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tardive Dyskinesia III: Causes © Megan Snider

"This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.What falls away is always. And is near.I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow. I learn by going where I have to go."
--Roethke "The Waking" (click to read)

This is the most important part of the blog for those on antipsychotics. Please, read this very carefully.

Tardive Dyskinesia is caused in two ways:

1.) AN INGESTION OF A LARGE DOSE OF ANTIPSYCHOTICS.

2.) INGESTION OF DOSAGES OF ANTIPSYCHOTICS OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.

Tardive Dyskinesia can manifest itself at any time it chooses to do so.

One dose may trigger it or 2,000 may trigger it.

© Megan Snider


Even after you stop the antipsychotic it may remain permanently.

Even after you stop the antipsychotic it may recur periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment